Juvenile Remedial Driving Classes
The Safety Council of Southwestern Ohio provides a state-approved remedial driving course for both adults and juveniles. The 6-hour Juvenile Remedial Course meets the requirements for license reinstatement after obtaining two and three traffic convictions before reaching 18 years of age.
- Do you need this course?
- Reinstatement requirements
- Reinstatement Procedures (PDF)
- Course details
- Course schedule
This course is for you if any of the following apply:
- If you have a Probationary Two Revocation – which means you have been convicted of two separate moving violations in any two year period prior to reaching 18 years of age
- If you have a Probationary Three Revocation – which means you have been convicted of three separate moving violations in any two year period prior to reaching 18 years of age
- If you have been referred by a juvenile court
- If you have been required by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to take a juvenile driver improvement program (Note: The course cannot be taken before the mailing date of the suspension letter)
- You have been required by another state to take a driver improvement program
The following are the reinstatement requirements for a juvenile probationary license suspension.
The complete reinstatement procedures from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles can be found here (PDF download).
Classes are held at the Safety Council from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (lower level – Police training room). Consult the calendar below for upcoming courses. You may also download a PDF copy of the 2014 Course Schedule & Info.